Vanilla Coconut Blueberry Tart
A fully raw dessert that is full of flavour, creamy and oh so simple. A great dessert to keep in the fridge for any day of the week.
Preparation Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 12 hours
· 2 cups blanched almonds
· 1 cup shredded coconut, unsweetened
· 6 pitted dates
· 2 Tbsp coco powder
· ½ tsp of sea salt
· 1/3 cup coconut water
1. Place all dry ingredients in the blender and pulse until well combined.
2. Add in coconut water a Tbsp. at a time. Mixture should be tacky and sticky not runny.
3. Scrape mixture out of the blender and push into the base of rectangle tart pan
4. Refrigerate while you make the top layers
Creamy and Berry Layer Ingredients:
· 2 cups of macadamia nuts, soaked in water for 6 or more hours
· ½ cup melted coconut oil
· ½ cups of almond milk
· ¾ cup agave syrup
· 1 tsp vanilla extract
· Garnish: coco powder and blueberries
Creamy Layer Method:
1. Drain and rinse macadamia nuts
2. In a clean and dry blender process all the ingredients (except garnish), until smooth.
3. Pour the mixture over the bases, cover and freeze for 4 or more hours
4. When ready to serve remove the cake from the mold by pushing the inside out onto a tray
5. Garnish with coco powder and blueberries
Any remaining mixture can be placed in a freezer safe container for up to 2 months for use in another dessert or can be placed in a frosting bag, set in the fridge for two hours and used to pipe on top of the cakes.